Paid leave for the father of a newborn in IsraelWhat is the law on paid leave for the father of a newborn child in Israel? Can an employee take time off for the birth of a child? Can he also claim additional paid vacation days to those he already receives?
The days will be allocated to the sick leave and paid leave accounts in Israel.
- on the day of childbirth, the father may not come to work. This day is considered a day of "sick leave". He is therefore paid 0%. (as is the case for a first day of sick leave).
- The day after the birth, the father can miss 5 days of work, without having to obtain the employer's agreement. These 5 days are distributed as follows:
- The first 3 days are paid from the employee's remaining vacation account. (paid vacations). It is therefore deducted from his remaining paid leave balance. If he has no remaining paid vacations, he will not be paid for these days.
- The last 2 days are paid from the employee's sick leave account, and are paid to 50%.
Detailed summary - Paid leave for the father of a newborn child in Israel.For example, if the employee is absent from work from the day of the birth + the following 5 days, he will be paid :
- Day 0 - childbirth: 0% - Sick leave.
- Days 1-2-3: 100% - Paid vacations. (Assuming he has enough paid vacations left).
- Days 4-5: 50% - Sick leave.
Your questions - our advice
- What happens if you run out of paid vacation days?
- What happens if you run out of sick days?
- Can your employer force you to come to work on those days?
- Is a father can apply for maternity leave instead of his wife?