Who can not come to work on election day in Israel?
- Any person whose workplace is located in an area where elections are to be held.
- Even if the workplace is not located in a place where elections are to be held, but the employee is on the register of electors where elections are held, the employee will be entitled to this right.
- Public transport, parking lots
- Parking lots
- Service stations
- Security forces
- Emergency services
- Milk manufacture and transport, dairy production
- Communication services
- Water and electricity
- Restaurants and cafés,
- Factories and agriculture with ongoing production processes.
Do you have a question? Contact us
Do I get paid extra if I still come to work?For other employees, this day will not be deducted from their paid vacation entitlement. Any employee who has been with his employer for at least 14 days will be paid his normal salary as if he had worked the number of hours he was scheduled to work on that day.
- Or the employee will receive double pay (for that day only).
- Either he will receive his normal salary, but will also benefit from an extra day's leave. This extra day will be granted according to the number of hours worked on election day.
Employees paid on an hourly basisHourly wage earners are paid according to the following model: If they do not come to work, and election day (Tuesday 01.11.2022) falls on a day on which they usually work, they will be paid the equivalent of one day's work. If they decide to come to work, they will be paid according to the following calculation: number of hours worked on election day * 2. If their salary is made up of bonuses/commissions, we remind you that in some cases these elements are an integral part of the salary. They must therefore receive remuneration on these elements as well. We wish you happy elections, and a great day off!
In a nutshell
- It's a public holiday.
- Possibility of coming to work = double payment.
- Seniority requested 14 days.