Questions & Answers - Subsidy to relaunch your business in Israel
The Israeli government has decided to give a subsidy to companies in order to boost your commercial activity in Israel.
Assistance is provided through reimbursement and is intended to help make adjustments, physical or technological, so that the business can continue to operate and return to normal.
1) How do I know if I am eligible for the grant?
The companies concerned are :
2) What is the maximum subsidy amount?
The amount of the subsidy is 50% of the expenditure. The grant is capped at a maximum of 5,000 shekels incl. VAT per company.
3) What adjustments/improvements can the subsidy be used for?
The grant may be needed for structural adjustments and the purchase of furniture designed to cope with the consequences of the Corona virus (such as partition panels), or for the creation or upgrading of an e-commerce platform.
4) I have purchased the protective equipment required by the Ministry of Health guidelines...
Such as masks and disinfectants, can these invoices be submitted as part of the subsidy requirement?
No. Invoices cannot be submitted for consumables.
5) What is the grant application process?
The process is divided into two main stages:
Step 1 - An eligibility form must be completed with the Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Agency and, once completed, you will be notified of the "grant eligibility approval".
Step 2 - Once you have collected your invoices, you must apply for the grant via a dedicated payment request form on the website Agency Web.
Important note: The request can only be submitted once. It's best to wait until you've completed all the improvements in your business before making the request.
6) What is the invoice date that can be submitted for the grant?
You can submit payment requests for invoices / receipts dated from 14/06/2020.
Exception: Partition installation costs for which you will be able to attach an invoice/receipt from 19/4/2020.
7) What should be indicated on the invoices/receipts attached to the grant application?
The invoice/receipt must contain the following information: invoice/receipt number, invoice/receipt producer identification number, company name, invoice/receipt date, details of service/equipment purchased.
8) What documents do I need to enclose in addition to invoices?
The documents required are:
- Tax ID number - depending on the nature of the company.
- Valid certificate of tax deduction at source.
- valid certificate of bookkeeping.
- bank management certificate / cancelled cheque in the company's name.
9) I found that the maximum grant was 5,000 shekels, including VAT, and I requested a lower amount. Can I reapply for the difference?
No. The application can only be submitted once.